Monday, February 23, 2015

Movie Bucket List Monday: 30th Anniversary of The Breakfast Club



I've been drowning in edits so I already started slacking on my posts. Today I'd like to talk about a movie that isn't on my bucket list because I've watched it so many times I can recite it word for word.

Last week was the 30th anniversary for The Breakfast Club. It is one of my all-time favorite movies. John Hughes was the king of Young Adult movies and even thirty years later it is still such a relatable story.

A lot of people hate the cliche of the brain, the princess, the criminal, the athlete, the basket case, but honestly cliches exist, that's how they became a cliche in the first place. Watching that movie I can remember my own high school and think of a group that fit perfectly into each one of those cliches. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that. You lean towards people who have common interests with you. But the bigger picture of the movie is that you don't have to be stuck with that cliche. You can find common interests with anyone as long as you're willing to take a minute to get to know someone who maybe a little different than you. Believe in yourself enough to rise above your label.

Have you seen The Breakfast Club? Did you/do you fall into one of the cliches in high school? I probably fell into all of them.



4 comments:

  1. Did you know that Allie Sheedy from The Breakfast Club has a book of poetry published called Yesterday I Saw the Sun? And it's really good too!

    ReplyDelete