Wednesday, January 1, 2014

It's that time. New Years Resolution time.


Sometimes I wonder why I even bother? I don't think I've ever accomplished my entire list of resolutions EVER. But I do accomplish some, and because of that, and because it gives me hope for the new year, I will continue to make my list. So here are my resolutions/goals for 2014.

1) Sell another book (Fingers crossed)
2) Finish writing the Bed series with the awesome and talented Cassie Mae
3) Be successful with my writing so I can quit my job and write all day (Ha! I know this is a long shot, a real, real long shot, but this is my dream and I will continue to strive for it. Plus I kind of hate my job.)
4) Finish writing the book with my Mom (This was on last years list...)
5) Beat my anxiety (If I can do this then even if I don't complete this list I will still feel accomplished) 
6) Visit two new museums
7) Pay off my credit cards
8) Finish the first draft for one of my WIP's
9) Finish edits on two of my WIP's
10) Read three books a month, including one that is out of my comfort zone
11) Appreciate the little things and stop stressing out over things I can't control
12) Be happy
13) Run a 5k (If you knew me, you know I don't run)
14) Get back to the gym (Of course. It's inevitable.)
15) Do something completely unexpected (This one is because last year I drove from NY to Minnesota with Cassie Mae, and no one believed I would actually do it. I did. And had a blast with amazing people!)

Here's to a fantastic 2014! Happy New Year, everyone!

12 comments:

  1. I love your resolutions. I never manage to follow through on mine, so this year I set goals more for a few months than for the whole year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! Resolutions are so easy to make and then forget about. I like setting goals and having a timeline! Good luck :)

      Delete
  2. Aw, your resolutions sound awesome. I really want to make more writer friends, maybe score an agent, and be a better, more selfless, compassionate kind of person. Happy New Year, and the best of luck in your resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are great resolutions! And the writer community always has their arms opened wide so making friends should be a piece of cake :) Happy New Year! And good luck to you too!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you and Cassie drove to MN last year! It was a blast! Hopefully we can have another retreat this year. :)
    Happy New Year and good luck with your goals!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It was so much fun and something I never would've done if she didn't call me and say so I booked my flight to NY! LOL

      Fingers crossed we get to do it again!!!!!!

      HAPPY NEW YEAR!

      Delete
  4. Um, before you pay off your credit cards, why don't you take a quick trip to Utah this April! :)

    Definitely finish that book with your mom. I really want to see that one too.

    And do everything else too!

    Oh. What's a book that's outside your comfort zone? Like you mean mentally taxing or just something you don't normally read. Just curious what you had in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd have to pay them off to make the trip lol! But man that would be awesome if I could!

      I really want to finish it. I need to move that up on my list of priorities.

      Outside my comfort zone is just something I wouldn't normally read. Like this past year I read Stephen Kings Pet Sematary and that's totally out of my norm. Usually if there's no romance I don't even pick it up. But it's time to broaden my horizons. That's the saying right? lol

      Delete
  5. There are a few resolutions that I definitely share here, particularly 3, 5 and 7.

    Here's hoping we can achieve them. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like some great goals to me! Looking back on my resolutions, I usually don't make most of them either. So this year I just made one . . . be more truthful with my feelings. I have a tendency to lie to even myself b/c sometimes . . . the truth hurts. Cheers to a happy 2014 :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good one! Good luck! Happy New Year!

      Delete