Thursday, February 25, 2010

I Made the First Cut!

I made the first cut in the Amazon.com Breakthrough Novel contest. My heart was racing as I checked the list for my name. To be completely honest I wasn't expecting to make it. When I saw my name I started to tear up. I actually cried. I have never cried from being so happy. It was awesome and I was home by myself. I got to share in the moment with no one but I didn't mind. It was like my own personal moment were I could be proud of my accomplishment. I called my parents once I stopped the cryfest. It couldn't have worked out any better either since they both picked up the phone. I was able to tell both my mom and dad at the same time. At this point if I don't make it to the next round I will still be happy at how far I have come. I mean I hope I make it to the next round but if I don't I will not be bitter.

I am almost finished with Part 1 of my third book, Nothing is Forever. I wrote a chapter and a half yesterday at work. (The one plus side of working in an office that has a dead season.) The writers block has been hitting me hard lately. I can go a day to almost three days without writing a thing. That is not like me at all. I try to write every day. I know what I want to write I just sometimes have a hard time getting it into words and on paper. It also amazes me how i start writing and my characters take on a mind of their own and start going in a completely different direction than what I had planned. I like where the characters are taking me though. I'm really proud of the third book. I think it deals with many issues that teenagers have to deal with especially in the parent department.

I'm going to finish my celebratory glass of wine and watch American Idol now. I can't wait to see who they cut even though I think I already know. My favorite right now is Lee, the guy with the black glasses his last name is Garcia, Alex Lambert, The dreadlock girl (can't remember her name) and Casey Johnson. I have to disagree with the judges I think the guys are better than the girls this year.

1 comment: